Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Something a bit different


I needed a picture for my bathroom and whilst out saw this beautiful tile in the sale bin it was just €2 and I had to have it.
My husband hollowed the middle out of a piece of board and made a ledge to fix it onto
I painted the frame with brown paint and let it dry, I then used a darker brown glaze and using a piece of scrunched up newspaper dabbed it over the lighter brown paint
I am more than pleased with it and it did not cost a fortune
Close up of finished frame paint tecnique

3 comments:

Trish said...

Wonderful Wendi and even more so when you think how little it cost - looks very classy. Trish :)

Maria Matter said...

Great find! It's beautiful...


Blessings, Maria

Sam said...

This is a brilliant idea babe -well done you!!!
Sam x