Monday, November 17, 2014

Black Forest Fudge

        For my Birthday last month I had the Sweets made Simple by Miss Hope & Mr Greenwood what a gorgeous book and such clear instructions.   I made the Black Forest Fudge yesterday, so scrummy, smooth can't stop eating it fudge, so pleased with the results, I will share this recipe with you                                                                                                                                                                                                BLACK FOREST FUDGE

        40g unsalted butter plus extra to grease...
        75g dark glace cherries, (I did not have these so used Maraschino cherries instead)
        500g golden caster sugar ( I only had white)
        275ml double cream ( I only had whipping)
        75g dark chocolate grated
        50g white chocolate grated

        Butter square tin ( I used a 7" one ) and line with baking parchment
        Cut 50g of the cherries in half then the remaining 25g in quarters
        Put the sugar, cream and butter in a large heavy bottomed pan with 3 tablespoons of water. Heat gently for 5-10 mins to dissolve the sugar
        Pop a sugar thermometer in the pan and bring the liquid up to boil. Boil until the thermometer reaches 113°C 235°F
        Take pan off heat and pour around a third of the mix into a metal bowl ( metal is best as it retains the heat)
        Add the dark grated chocolate to the mix in the pan and the white chocolate to the meta bowl. Stir each with separate spoons until they begin to thicken.
        Pour the dark chocolate into the tin, sprinkle over the quartered cherries. Spoon the white chocolate mix over the top and then drag a skewer through the mix to create swirls.
        Dot the halved cherries over the top, allow to cool, then chill overnight until set if you can wait that long. Remove from tin and cut into squares
        The best fudge I have ever made and all my tasters agreed with me


1 comment:

chilli pip said...

ooh la la that looks scrumptious.